Saturday, July 31, 2010

frog family fountain

This watering can fountain has been a fun addition to my garden this summer and watching and listening to it makes things seem a little bit cooler in our present drought. And I discovered a few weeks ago that I'm not the only one enjoying the cool splashing of the water. A frog family has apparently taken up housekeeping in the rocks. First I saw the baby frog and then later the mom (or is it the dad? I'm not checking, thank you very much!). During Cousin Camp the kids excitedly discovered a frog out in the yard and before I could do anything else Damien threw it over the fence into the neighbor's yard! I could only hope that he didn't cause an immediate single family household but for the tiny look I got at it I think it was small so it might have been a sibling. Anyway, I'm probably overdramatizing the whole thing but it's a fun little scenario to follow and I'm glad I can provide a cool, wet place for at least a miniscule portion of the frog population! It's my own little Frog Hawaii!
Baby frog!

Mom (or Dad)