Thursday, July 29, 2010

Cousin Camp continues! (sort of)

My niece, Lily, (Bob's brother's daughter) is a pretty accomplished cook and seamstress......for an 11-year-old. I've been impressed with not only her ability, but her enthusiastic drive. So today I had the privilege of joining her in her cake decorating ambition. She's already baked and decorated quite a few cakes and cupcakes but had recently acquired some "official tools" and was eager to learn some harder techniques. So she asked if I would come and teach her. I'm certainly no expert but have decorated a few cakes over the years and I will welcome any excuse to spend time with one of my favorite relatives. Caryl Ann was out of town, Don was at work, and Mimi was doing some summer reading assignments so it was fun to just hang out with Lily, doing something we both enjoy. As you can see from this picture she was very prepared! She had decorating stuff on that cart that I didn't even know existed! She'd already baked the cakes and everything! Such organization! So we got to work! I wanted to take a picture of the finished product but my camera battery died once again. That seems to be the familiar refrain lately! Well, it was a chocolate cake with pink roses. You should probably be glad you can't see the picture! It would only have made you hungry!! Bon apetite Lily!!