Thursday, July 22, 2010

Day 2.....and counting!

Well, my blogging skills are lacking. I could not for the life of me figure out why the content of my days ran together but I'm going to write less tonight (yeah, right!!) and see if it helps.

The day started well with our time with God and we talked about heros and what that meant. It was interesting to hear their definitions of "hero" and who their ideas of a hero are.

So staying with that same train of thought, our first activity of the day was to visit a place where lots of heros are, the police station. This is the only picture I got because the "new" batteries I put into my camera turned out not to be charged either and did I think to take the extra pair??? Well, of course not. So here's the one picture of our time at the police dept. This is Officer Kizer, our tour guide. The whole thing was actually not that exciting till we got to see the insides of the the police car and got to hear first hand the siren. I've never seen a little boy fly out of a car so fast!! Poor Damien! He was a good sport about it though. We ran into the officer in charge of the bike patrol people and he actually gave all the kids a helmet (after Damien spouted off that he "didn't need a helmet"!!! )
After running home for more batteries we then made our way to the fire department where we were given a grand tour. Here's Sadie trying to drive the fire engine!!! Well, not really but you never know with Sadie!




After heading home to change into swim apparel we then made our way to the most important event of Cousin Camp, swimming, after stopping off at Pizza Hut to pick up lunch.


When we got home from the pool the kids sadly discovered a tiny baby bird on our patio that had apparently fallen out of the nest......... so they buried it...........yep, here's the proof!


On to happier times...........oh yeah, in case you hadn't already noticed, these shirts we're wearing are the ones we made yesterday. I was pretty relieved and actually pleased that they turned out so well. It was time for Fuddrucker's. Yum!!! Notice Damien still has on his fire hat...........I have laughed so hard at this kid during these last couple of days! Soooooo cute!

We sat at the Elvis table.


Aunt Foy lives pretty close to the mall area where we were so we decided to stop in and visit with her. She seemed to get a kick out of it and all the kids were so friendly and talkative! Such great kids you guys are raising!!!!


Now it was time for the annual scavenger hunt!! This time I decided to do it at the mall and I was glad. We had SOOOOO much fun. Here's a picture of one of the "assignments" they had to take part in. Notice Mimi is with us. She was able to join us today and will be a huge help for me tomorrow when we go to the water park.



I thought I'd show you a picture of the cousin dot store! Each child has a lanyard and when they do something nice for someone or obey well, etc.... I give them a cousin dot. Then each evening they get to go to the cousin dot store and spend their cousin dots. I collect this stuff all year long and they seem to really like it. I have also been known to take cousin dots away but thankfully that doesn't happen very often.
So that's it for the middle day. One more to go!!