Thursday, August 5, 2010

Momisms

I use Momisms a lot. They're usually useful and always remind me of Mom. Here are a few that come to mind:
*He'll get glad in the same pants he got mad in.
*He flew high and lit on a cow patty (talking about a one night wonder kind of person)

*Who left the gate open? (when there's lots of traffic)

*Hold 'er Newt!

*You're still wet behind the ears.

*Don't put the cart before the horse.

* Don't wish your life away

* If wishes were horses, beggers would ride.

*Dear Gussy!

*Heavens to Betsy!

*Miss Priss (Mom's nickname for me)

*Miss Got Rocks (yep, another nickname....I can't imagine why she called me these things!!!)

*she always liked to call someone acting up a "pill". (Kaylee remembered this one because Mom always called Matthew one!)

These are all I could think of (with Kelly's help--thanks Kel!) so if you can think of anymore Momisms or Grandmaisms I hope you'll comment and remind me of them!