Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Fun little items

About three weeks ago my dad and I hit a really great estate sale in Whitesboro and I picked up these fun little items, a toothpick dispenser and a jar of buttons. I'm finding that the little drawer on the tootpick dispenser doesn't work that well and the problem appears to be that toothpicks are made smaller these days. Gee, why am I not surprised about that? So the new skinny little toothpicks get caught where they're not supposed to get caught. I'm not too bothered though because it looks so cute and kitchy hanging on my kitchen wall.


These buttons actually came in a cookie jar and, while I kind of obsess over buttons (especially old ones), the cookie jar was my prime target. I think it's really old but since there are no markings, I can't tell. I love how plain it is though and it's such a great size. So the ugly one I got for a wedding present (hmmmm, who gave me that? Hope it wasn't someone reading this!) is going straight into the garage sale box. I never have liked it.


I don't take the time to go garage saling very often at all here at home so when I go to Whitesboro I really enjoy doing that with my dad. So here's the deal: Toothpick dispenser--$1 / Buttons--$8 / hangin' out with my dad--PRICELESS!