Monday, August 30, 2010

Old and New

Any of you that know me at all, probably know that I love ideas. I have crazy ones all the time, mostly about a business to start or an item to market! Now if I just had the wherewithall to carry any of it out to fruition, I'd be rich! :) One of my crazy schemes is to create a picture book of old and new......old pictures of Denton (or wherever) and then current ones from the exact location. Well, I still haven't done it but I thought I'd show you a mini version of my idea. My dad was quite the photographer when he was just a young 'un and this is a picture he took of his sister (my Aunt Foy) in front of their house in Justin, TX back in the late 1930's. She's got on some kind of spirit coveralls from the university that they attended here in Denton. It's UNT now but I'm not sure what it was called then. Now............

Here I am (minus the coveralls) standing in front of the exact house about six months ago. Bob and I went over to Justin to investigate and found the house so that was pretty fun by itself. He took this picture of me standing in front. The steps are different and it was actually being remodeled and was empty at the time so the guy working on it allowed us into the yard.
Here's another shot that won't mean much to anybody that's not familiar with Justin but I thought it was kind of interesting that the street hasn't changed much at all in 70 plus years. The funnest part was pinpointing the exact location and even finding the street. Dad was able to help me a little by phone but Justin isn't that big so it really wasn't hard.


So now that I've told you, you need to keep my secret and don't steal my idea!!!! :) Someday I'll do it, I just know it!!