Monday, February 27, 2012

Still the One!

30 years ago today Bob and I promised "to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part".  A few simple words somebody thought up a long time ago that so aptly but simply describe marriage.  Two people who walk steadfastly through life together loving, trusting, learning, growing, forgiving, laughing, and hopefully leaving a legacy of God's grace, mercy, and faithfulness.

The following verses are from one of my favorite songs, "After All These Years", and are perfect for this very special and important milestone in Bob's and my journey together.

                                            But warm is my heart with pride
                                            Having you by my side
                                            You're still my guiding light
                                            After all these years


                                            You're still the only one
                                            I'll ever hold near
                                            And I love you
                                            After all these years