Thursday, December 29, 2011

Cinnamon Roll x 2

For the last two or three weeks when I'm driving for my 2nd job it seems like all I can think about is having a cinnamon roll.  I have no idea why and I try not to make a practice of eating stuff like that but today I decided to just go ahead and assuage my craving and be done with it!

So when it was time for a break I went searching for a donut shop.  Because if I'm going to be bad I wanted to do it up right.  

Before I could find the donut shop I happened onto a Market Street.  Those are fun little grocery stores and they have lots of great looking prepared food so I decided to find something a little healthier to eat since it was close to lunch anyway.  But as I walked through, eyeing all the goodies, guess what was the only thing I wanted!  Yep, a cinnamon roll!  Ugh!  But they had one.  It wasn't like what you get in a donut shop but I was running out of time so it would have to do.  After checking out I was leaving the store through a different door from the one I came in and noticed a little cafe/coffee type section and there it was!!!  The most beautiful and decadant looking cinnamon roll just taunting me and the sad one that I had in my hand.  

Before I could even stop myself I was telling the lady at the counter that THIS was the cinnamon roll I really wanted.  I must have looked pretty sad because she immediately said she'd trade it for me.  What a sweetie.  I put my rejected roll on the counter in preparation to receive the new and improved one and, listen to this, that lady said that I could just keep the first one and that she'd just give me this 2nd one!!!  (I don't think this lady will last too much longer if she keeps this up)  But who am I to look a gift horse in the mouth?  I, like the obedient but greedy person that I am, took both rolls and scrammed!  

And both were delicious!!  Yes, I did!