Thursday, December 22, 2011

A View from the Crosswalk--Gifts

I don't get a lot of Christmas gifts from the kids that walk across the street and I like it that way.  I feel like those moms have enough to worry about (been there, done that!) at this time of year without thinking they have to get something for the crossing guard.  I like to think of myself as essential but unnoticed.  But I do get a few items of thanks at this time of year and this year I got a very special one.  In fact, it wasn't even given by a parent or a child.  An old friend from my former church stopped by my crosswalk on her way to work to share with me a product of her creative and thoughtful husband.  He'd made several of these for various people and blessed me with one.  Now that's what I call the spirit of Christmas.  Handmade, simple, and.....truth, all rolled in one! 

May all of you have a blessed and Christ filled Chrstmas!