Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I'm exhausted!

Erin says:     

The night of day 1 was probably the most exhausting night I have ever had. I have a crick in my neck, and I feel like I could go to sleep at any moment all day today! I think anyone could. We had some mixups of medicine, need of a heating pad, and people talking too much. Thats pretty much it. We started waking up around 7:30 and we had these corney dog things for breakfast that we pretty much had to eat on the way to the train station. Yes we actually rode a train to dallas to go ice skating. The place that the ice skating rink was in was so big! It wasn't a mall but it was almost just like one. It had food courts and stores that you could shop in. And of course, the ice skating rink. Everyone loved to ice skate! Not very many people fell down a lot but thats just because they were holding on to the rail. After we finished skating, we ate lunch there in the food court, and then we ice skated some more. We got tired of it after a while, so we rode the train back to the car and went back to the house. When we got there, we got a craft box out and did some things from it while Aunt Jeanne was making a mystery meal. When we had the meal, it was so cool! We had a menu with things like red and yellow sweetness and dipper and we got to pick what our 1st course-4th course was. The food was so good! After dinner, we watched Amy and Sadie dance a little while and then we got ready for bed and went to the cousin camp store.

 That was Erin!  I was so happy that she was willing to post the update tonight and I'll just add a little ending.  What she didn't say was that we're too pooped to..........what is the word anyway?  Pop????  Oh well, you get the whole idea right?  I was going to add pictures to this day but there's bad news and then there's worse news.  The bad news is that I left my camera on last night after posting so the batteries didn't have time to charge this morning.  The worse news is that I thought I was taking pictures with Erin's camera but, alas, the technical flunkie strikes again and even after Erin's careful and precise instruction, I apparently didn't take a picture one!  Man, what a bummer. 

Kaylee was with us tonight and actually took a few pictures of the mystery meal so maybe I'll get around to posting those.  By the way, it's pretty funny watching the kids attempt to eat if they unknowingly ordered three items of food but no utensil to eat it with.  It was a blast!  Another fun memory was created! 

Two down, one and a half to go!  But whose counting?!?   (Me! )