Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Happy List

My happy list simply cannot be ignored when the day is chock full of happy things!  The first happy thing is that SPAN didn't need me to come in to drive today.  Now I don't know what the reason was but, hey, all I need to know is that it was an unexpected day off and that is always a good thing! 

The next happy thing is that later this afternoon, after a much needed morning of cleaning and then fun lunch with a friend, my dad called to say that he could now go home from rehab where he's been rehabbing from a broken hip!  Woo Hoo!!  We didn't expect him to go home so soon but, again, I'm not asking!  I'm just reveling in the joy of having my dad home and recovering quickly. 

While he was eating supper at the rehab place just before we were to leave, I packed his things up and then went for a quick treat at Starbuck's around the corner.  When I arrived I got in line behind three other cars to wait my turn.  It didn't even occur to me to be frustrated about the wait which wasn't even that long but when I reached the window and tried to give the benevolant barista my debit card he informed me that my grande caramel frappuccino was free because I'd had to wait so long!!?!  Did you catch the fact that I'd ordered a grande!!!  What a deal!  I love free stuff!

It was indeed a good day for the happy list!