Monday, July 25, 2011

Cousin Camp 2011 Eve--Another Dedication

It's time for our fifth annual Niece/Cousin Camp and it starts tomorrow!  The key words are fun, FUN, and more fun!  We'll be swimming, ice skating, mystery eating, crafting, learning about God, and helping others.  Pretty great stuff!

Last year I dedicated CC to my Aunt Eddie who was influential for my crafty side as I grew up.  This year I'd like to dedicate CC 2011 to the queen of creative auntdome, the one, really, at the feet of whom I learned, my sister, Linda!  Aunt Lindy to the nieces and nephews!

I remember when I was barely married and not even really thinking of my role as an aunt, Aunt Lindy was hard at work entertaining the family.  Christmases were full of creative and fun ideas that allowed our family to start traditions that we still enjoy.  She was my role model as I watched her raise her daughters, creating and inventing new ways to make people happy and enjoy life.  

When she moved away about fifteen years ago there was a huge void left that had to be filled.  So when my kids were mostly grown I invented first Niece Camp and then Cousin Camp.  I don't think I come close to filling Aunt Lindy's shoes but it's been fun trying and I love to bounce my ideas off of her when we talk on the phone to see what she thinks and to get encouragement.

The plans are made and everything is prepared.   So here's to you, Aunt Lindy!  And thanks for all the lessons in fun!