Sunday, July 31, 2011

Cousin Camp Tidbits

Of course, I've been going over Cousin Camp in my mind these last couple days and I wanted to share three  random events:

#1  On the 3rd day of Cousin Camp just as we'd arrived back home with Little Caesar's in hand, we had company.  What a nice surprise it was too when one of my older nieces, Kristie, and her husband, Tim, showed up to just say hi.  They'd left sweet little Jayna with Grandma and were in Denton doing some errands and just enjoying a day off together.  They didn't have to make room for us but they did and I sure appreciated their thoughtfulness.  Kristie jumped right in and helped pass out drinks and Tim just stood around being friendly and happy, as usual! : )  Thanks you guys for coming by to join our chaotic camp.

#2  Right when we got to my house on Tuesday to begin the fun, Sadie handed me an envelope and gave strict instructions to not open it until after Cousin Camp.  Being the obedient aunt that I am (any of you that know Sadie will snicker and completely understand what I'm talking about) I put it safely on my desk and carried on with camp.  But after the last person was gone and the quietness was hovering all around me like a cool spring morning : ) I remembered Sadie's note and opened it.  And your idea was right, Sadie!  It was exactly what I needed to read AFTER CC.   Here's what she wrote:

to:  my #1 Aunt  Thank you I had an awesome sumer and I can't wait tell next sumer  I Larnd so much this week and I Love you very much     Love Sadie
It doesn't get much better than that!  (Sidebar:  Her attitude teaches me that it would be so great if I could go to God in prayer, thanking Him beforehand for the answer, being that confident of the joy He has in store for me)

#3  Then Bobby came home.  I had set up the Cousin Camp store in Bobby's room this year and so when he arrived and put his things away he asked if he could have some of the candy he'd found there.  Well, apparently he had a pretty good time going through the items because here's what I found later that afternoon, Bobby laying on the living room floor playing with army men!  It just warms this mom's heart!!  When Kaylee asked him sarcastically if he was playing pretend, Bobby said, "No, I'm setting them up strategically!"  Yeah, this is my soldier!