Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Happy List

Take a look!
I did not take this picture last spring!  Nope, I took it yesterday and it is indeed a tomato.  There are actually two more little ones but they're hiding behind leaves.  For some (probably stubborn) reason I babied three tomato plants through the horrendously hot summer and now (even though one bit the dust) I'm seeing the reward.  I don't know why I did it because my soil and the weather didn't cooperate so the plants didn't even produce one piece of fruit when they were new and supposedly fertile.  But baby them I did and so now I may actually be able to feast upon a tomato or two before too long.........that is, if they don't freeze!!! 

Well,  now is probably as good a time as any for me to learn how to make fried green tomatoes!