Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I'm In!

Did any of you females know that yesterday was "no make-up day"?  At least that's what I heard on the news so it's got to be true, right?............Well, anyway, some creative young lady at a high school in a nearby town decided to make a stand and a statement, trying to persuade other young ladies that they don't need make-up to define who they are and how they feel about themselves.  I give her a big thumbs up and a Yay!!! 

Finally, the celebration of a special day that I can be excited about!  I've been celebrating that day EVERY day for......oh, about the last 6,000 days!  I mean, back in the day I was just like every other high school and college girl who wanted to be pretty, to be accepted, and to be attractive to the opposite sex.  But I was never very good at it.  Well, I was lazy!  Let's just call it what it was.  And then as I got a little older allergies made their entrance and mascara just became plain annoying.  So I quit!  I would make an effort on Sundays or another special day but then I started to wonder why I even bothered.  Bob didn't seem to be partial either way so if he didn't care, then why did I?
  
So began a journey by accident that became a journey of intention.  Intention to be myself with the face God gave me.  And I haven't looked back!  Goodness, if I'd saved the money I didn't spend on cosmetics I could probably buy a car or go on a cruise.  And the time I've saved?  Well, let's just say that a few more minutes to snooze in the morning or to relax a little longer over a cup of coffee is never a bad thing.
  
Please understand that this has been my journey!  I don't fault anybody if they want to wear make-up.  In fact, I'm usually impressed if it's done well and simply adds to the natural beauty.  I was just tickled that someone that is in high school was perceptive enough to take the idea back to it's foundation (hyuk!) so others could at least think about why instead of just following the pack.