Friday, April 15, 2011

Proud x 2!

 Well, Bobby's birthday came and went and one of his gifts was this t-shirt quilt that I made for him.  I made Kaylee one and gave it to her at Christmas of her freshman year of college and considering Bobby is now 21, I guess it was about time I got on the ball and made his. 

The baby t-shirt on the far left is one he wore when he was about 1 and it has a jet plane on the front of it.  I couldn't resist using it since Bobby now flies airplanes.  The other shirt blocks represent elementary school, Bible Drill, drumline, baseball, college, the Air National Guard, and one even has the pockets of a shirt he wore as a mechanic.  

Some of the in between fabric is from an old shirt of Bob's.  Another is from some of his old jeans.  And then there's one piece that's from the fabric of a flannel pillow case that my mom made when Bobby was about 10.  Needless to say the quilt represents lots of treasured memories.  

So I'm proud!  I'm proud of the work I did on this very special quilt and I'm incredibly proud of it's new owner!