Monday, April 25, 2011

An Idea!

All two of you have probably heard of this idea before but in case you haven't I think it's a good one if I say so myself and have really enjoyed doing it.  I'm talking about the idea of saving ideas! 

Here's the deal:  My dad gives me lots of magazines to peruse.  Their subject matter includes cooking, gardening, home decorating, and even travel.  It can get a little overwhelming at times but I've discovered that, when I do get to look at them,  the best way to utilize them is to tear out pages of things that sound interesting and might be something I would want to use down the road.  I have a file drawer that has folders for all of those interests I mentioned before and so, instead of saving the whole magazine and forgetting what was even in it, I just tear out what I like, put it in a folder, and throw the rest away.  

I'd saved quite a few ideas on home decorating so when I did my remodel last year I was able to go back and remember and use some of those plans and goals I'd collected.  Pretty handy!

I don't know about you but I'm always spotting ideas for little projects that I'm positive I can do if I just had the time.  Well, now when I do have the time I go back and see what little crafty thing I might enjoy.  It's much more fun than sitting in front of the TV getting absolutely nothing productive done.  

So there's my idea.  If you have a little tidbit of an idea I'd love for you to comment about it.  I just cleaned out my folders yesterday so I have room! : )