Saturday, April 9, 2011

Next on the Happy List

Hasn't someone said that happiness is found in your own backyard?  I thought of that today as I was out puttering around in my flower garden and pulling weeds from the yard.  It's just so satisfying to create beauty and that's what my flower garden has become, a thing of beauty and a great source of satisfaction.

Only a few things are blooming but I wanted to show pictures anyway!
 I love these flowers and they came from some seeds that my friend in the country gave me a couple of years ago.  They didn't do much last year but have really taken off this time.  I'm not sure what they're called but I think they're Bouncing Bet.  I love how they are different colors.
Both of these next plants are, again, from seeds my friend gave me.  I think the one on the left might be a penstemon but I'm not sure.  Real soon it'll have little yellow flowers all up and down the top of it.  Not sure what the wispy little gems are on the right but I love their different texture in my garden.  If any of you have any insight on what it's called let me know.