Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Views from the Crosswalk Part 2

From time to time I'll see one of my old crosswalkers come by and lately I've seen one that is probably in his early 20's. He just lives about three houses down from where I park but I hadn't seen him since he was in middle school or so until recently when he's been riding his bike by every so often.

He was a quiet kid back then, probably not saying more than two or three things to me for the three or four years that he walked or rode his skateboard across the street on his way to school. But now he waves or smiles as he rides his bike by so this morning as I was standing there freezing my little booty off waiting for kiddos he rode by again and I stopped him. I asked him if he was going to school or working and he told me he's working at UNT and drives a pedicab!!! How fun is that??

I've heard about the new pedicabs that work around the university and the downtown area and I've been curious about it, secretly harboring the dream of driving one if I were only about 20 years younger. So I was filled with enthusiasm as he told me a little about what it's like to drive one. Then I probably should have just let him go after that but nooooo, I have to know it all. So I promptly asked him what he does at UNT. Well, it turns out he's a figure model!!! And did I just say "Oh, how nice."? No, I asked, "Does that mean you pose nude?". Yep, I'll just dive right on in there with my curious self! He just smiled and said that was right. Hmmmm!

So this morning was at least a little different than the usual at the ol' crosswalk!