Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas High Tea

Yesterday an old and dear friend called to see if I wanted to take her place to attend high tea at a popular little tearoom downtown called The Chestnut Tree.  She had reserved a place with three other friends but had a last minute conflict so kindly thought of me!  What a treat!  I knew the three other ladies so I really enjoyed visiting with them and just generally felt feminine and fru-fru. 

Some of the fare were things like warm harvest cranberry dip crostini, goat cheese and sun dried tomato profiteroles, and scones with clotted cream and lemon curd.  Pretty fancy, huh???  Midway through the meal a Victorian dressed quintet arrived to serenade us with beautiful a capella carols. 

It was just a fun and peaceful way to take a break from the hustle and bustle of the season.  I'm so glad I have a high falutin' friend.  So before I close I'd just like to say (insert British accent here) pip pip cheerio, merry Christmas, and all that rot!!