Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Views from the Crosswalk

The other morning as I was waiting for the kiddos to come and cross the street I watched the rising sun turn the clouds first pink, then brilliant orange, and then a rich gold! Impressive!

Three third grade girls walk across together in the afternoon. Their names are Carrissa, Fiona, and Juliet. Can I please just have one more baby so I can name her one of those names????

While I'm standing on the corner waiting for kids I'm memorizing the book of James. Yep, the whole thing. I was feeling pretty prideful about it till now when I'm in the middle of the second chapter and am repeating several times a day how "mercy triumphs over judgement" and how faith without deeds alongside it is just useless! Wow James, can we hurry up and get to the part where I'm doing something right?? Can you say C_O_N_V_I_C_T_I_O_N??!!

This morning a little boy named Cody said something about 3D and 2D and I didn't know what 2D was (yeah, I know, it's sad) so I asked him what the difference was. He proceeded to explain and pointed out as an example that the clouds were 3D and the stop sign there beside us was 2D! Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle!! I'm not only not smarter than a 5th grader--I'm apparently not smarter than a 4th grader!