Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Just another day at the job.....NOT!

What a day of SPAN vanning around east Denton County! I knew it was going to be a wet day when I heard that Hermine was coming to visit but sheeesh!! I started my route soon after finishing my crosswalk, around 8:30 and drove in the rain... no, the downpour, till 1 p.m. I'd listen to the news about every 30 minutes to keep tabs on what was happening weatherwise and the guy just kept saying that the hardest rain was coming down right above Jeanne's head. Well, that was my interpretation considering that I could only see about three feet around me most of the time. I picked up one lady in Little Elm and was slated to take her to Lewisville. Honestly, the rain just never seemed to let up that whole trip and I was stressed the entire time. I thought she was probably pretty worried too and didn't want to distract me by talking to me because she was quiet for the duration. When we arrived at her destination she let out a big sigh and said, "Gosh, I must not have gotten much sleep last night. I slept the whole way." !!!!!!!!! What??? How could she sleep while Noah himself may have been floating by in the ark?!? Well, I just chalked it up to another well driven trip. Whatever!!! I was just glad to get home to my safe, warm, and dry house!