Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Hello 50!!

Yeah, yeah, I know, I turned 50 back in February but it’s taken me this long to come to terms with it. Is it because I’m fifth in a family of six kids and was treated that way all my life? It might be the fact that my body is actually falling apart as I type this! Maybe it’s because there are so many things I still want to do and it feels like there won’t be enough time (my 94 year old dad would probably scoff at that!).

Whatever the reason, it’s taken me six months but I think I’m there! Resolved, at peace, and actually a little bit pumped. After all, I’ve learned a lot in my 50 short years. I’ve experienced a few presidents, a couple of recessions (personally and nationally), the death of a parent, and I’ve watched my children grow up to be responsible and trustworthy adults.

I’m able to know that it’ll be okay on the other side and that the other side is actually better because of the experience!

And now because of that experience and a wealth of knowledge I can look at the next 50 years with anticipation and excitement. It’s the unknown!! And the best part of my life may just be yet to come!!