Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Fall has come!




Okay, at this point I'm wondering what the catch is.  Kaylee and I arrived in Portsmouth, RI this afternoon and were greeted by this amazing sight.  Our humongous and four star hotel style room on the 2nd story of a farm house.  Kaylee found it online for $100 a night.  What a deal.....if there's no catch, that is.  I'm waiting.  And enjoying!  This picture does not even do it justice.  Behind Kaylee is a partition and behind that is another beautiful bed. 


And this is the kitchen.  Everything is new, clean, and just perfect.  I thought about showing you the bathroom because it looks like a spa but I figured enough is enough.  We're here for two nights and we'll live in luxury and tomorrow will tour the historic homes of luxury in Newport.  Appropriate, right?   



I thought I'd see if you can guess what this relic of the past is.  I love maps!  There I said it.  I'm a map nerd!  I think it's one reason I enjoy my driving job.  I get to look at maps.  Anyway, our route today took us on some obscure scenic roads and I couldn't figure out how to enter that into our phones (I still think it sounds funny to say that) so I got to do it the old fashioned way.  And let me just say that pictures cannot do justice to the beauty of Connecticut!   







In a small town called Pomfret we happened upon a crew filming for a upcoming Cuba Gooding movie about slavery.  Yeah, much to Kaylee's embarassment I made her pull over so I could ask a young man who was an extra. 



This picture pretty much explains itself. 
 
 

 
Here I am with my four picked apples.  I'm pretty sure I've never picked apples before so I was excited.  It doesn't take much, right?  I wish you could have seen this little farmstand for real.  The colors were so vibrant.....everywhere!  I'm pretty sure that fall will never be the same for me.  We in Texas don't even know real fall.  I always thought we did but not anymore. 



And last but not least I had to show you this picture of the First Baptist Church......not sure of where since it was out in the middle of nowhere on a country road  Too bad we weren't driving by on a Sunday.                   
We finished our day driving on the Rhode Island Coast in the misting rain and arrived in Newport about mid afternoon.  We made a quick drive through but decided to just hang out for the rest of the evening.  And how nice to be greeted by such a nice place to do so.  Tomorrow we'll be seeing Newport fully so I'm sure I'll have lots of pics of that. We're hoping the rain stays at least mostly away.