Friday, March 25, 2011

My Happy List

Every once in awhile I'm going to post about something that makes me happy.  I know, I know, here is where you're probably telling yourself that you really don't care what makes Jeanne happy.  But you're here and it won't take long, I promise, so maybe, if nothing else, it'll prompt you to think about what makes you happy!  Okay, here goes the first one:

Let me just say that I love my second job of driving people around.  Now the job as a whole doesn't necessarily make me happy.  Believe me, there are negatives like traffic, wheelchair lifts, and annoying people (not many but a few).  But one of the things about it that makes me happy is that after six years I still go somewhere I've never been before at least once a week.  Yesterday I got a double dose when I was able to ramble around in the country in two different areas I've never seen.  I guess I have enough traditional southern (oh, let's just call it what it is) old person trait in me that I love a good "Sunday drive".

On one of the routes I came across Good Ole Boy Road!  Only in Texas, right?  And there was an old brick farmhouse....... for sale!!!!  I'm just sayin'...........Bob!!!  But it's out by the lake amid quite a few way out of my league new homes.  Sigh!  Living in an old farmhouse AND having an address on Good Ole Boy Road!!  Now that would make me happy!!!