Thursday, February 10, 2011

One down!

Well, our first country and western dance class was a success!  And really fun, by the way.  At least for me.  Bob probably wouldn't admit it but I'm pretty sure he actually enjoyed himself also. 

There were twelve other couples there and several of the men seemed just like Bob, kind of a man's man, if you will, so I was relieved. 

Our instructor, I'll call him John, was great, much better than the guy last year.  We went much slower which is always a good thing when you're old and out of practice.  And there was an assistant this time, a woman, I'll call her Jane.  That was better because it gave me someone to watch and learn from.  

Toward the end of the class, in the middle of a song, I took a 10-7 (figure it out!) and when I got back, after scanning the room for my lonely and uncomfortable husband, I spotted Jane and him out tripping the light fantastic together!  Well, well, well, when the cat's away......... 

So I think we may actually stick this one out!  Move over, Fred and Ginger!!!