Thursday, May 23, 2019

Throw Back Thursday--"Man in the hall!!"

I thought about this picture the other day for some reason.  Do you ever just go along, minding your own business and a memory from the past jumps into your thoughts?...... But I digress.  

This picture brought back so many fun memories from my college days back in 1979-81.  Dang, I'm old!  I went to Wayland Baptist College (now University) in Plainview, TX for two years and it was the perfect place for me to transition from a kid into an adult without my parents around.  It was a small college and since it was Baptist, there were rules.  And one of the really great rules was that boys weren't allowed into the girls' dorm and vice-versa.  

But for one night each semester, an exception was made.  In one semester the girls could crash the boys dorm and the next semester it would be the girls turn to host sort of an open house.  And it was an event, believe me!  At least it was for the girls.  We'd clean for days in anticipation and wonder which boys might pick our rooms to check out.  It might sound a little boring by today's standards but I'd like to describe it more as sweet and innocent.

The picture is of me (middle) and two good friends, April and Cindy, on the night the guys dorm was open.  Wayland still has separate dorms for boys and girls, thank goodness.  I wonder if they still practice this fun tradition.