Sunday, September 23, 2012

TMI

Wow!  That's pretty much all I can say to myself and sometimes even out loud as I'm sitting in on Ebby School, a two week, every day, all day crash course in how to buy and sell real estate the Ebby Halliday way.
 
Not only is it every day for two weeks, it's in Dallas.  Yep!  I just thought I knew driving since I do it for a living but now I'm in there with the big boys.  These people mean business when they're on a mission and have a time schedule.  But I'm hanging in there with the best of them and I've officially become a "commuter".  Ugh!  Not exactly the goal I was striving for when I decided to get into real estate but, believe me, it's not the first new thing I've had to learn this past week.  
 
I'm getting bombarded with listing agreements, tax issues (I haven't filled out a tax form in 30 years, thanks to my very capable and immensely intelligent husband (maybe if he reads this he'll be sufficiently buttered up and won't mind at least attempting to do my taxes now that I'm self-employed)), closing statements, buyers' representation agreements, CSS, TAR, NAR, GWCDAR, etc, etc, etc.........  Yeah, now you can be as overwhelmed as I've been.  
 
I guess the one hurdle that I'm actually having a hard time jumping is how much I'm encouraged to sell myself and be pushy.  Not my comfort zone, to say the least.  Actually, I've made it my goal in life to dodge those kinds of people and now I am one.  Ugh again!  
 
But God and I have been having lots and lots of talks about the issue and what I'm hearing over and over from Him (I'm kind of a worrier and pretty stubborn so it takes a few times) is to just be me.  I can do that!  And if I can't be me and be successful then that's my cue to call it quits.  But I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen.  This whole process has been overwhelming, intimidating, simply frightening, challenging, exciting, and sometimes even fun (I won a t-shirt last week and it was red!!).  And God's been right there beside me during this part of the journey so I'm in it till He gives the sign that it's time to bow out.  
 
One more week of Ebby School.  
 
And then it's Pennsylvania, New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts for me and my wild and crazy daughter Kaylee.  Fun times and blessings all around!