Sunday, September 2, 2012

The width of it!

"I don't want to just live the length of my life.
I want to live the width of it too!"
 
I heard this quote not too long ago and I've taken it for one of my own favorites.  And lately God and I have stretched the width of this old life pretty much till it's as tight as it will go.  I've become a real estate agent!
 
It kind of started when Kaylee bought her house last  year.  The whole process was so interesting to me and I found myself kind of sad when it was all over.  Then a young dad/realtor that walked his little girl across the street would chat with me every so often about little things going on with his business and actually encouraged me to give it a try.  So I did!  
 
I kind of blame it on God.  It has either been His leading or an amazing series of organized coincidences.  It started with that dad.  Then when I checked on classes, I found out that if I waited much longer then the requirements to become a real estate agent would get even harder.  So when I finally signed up for class it turns out that the company I went with just happened to be meeting in downtown Ft. Worth, where Bob just happened to be working at the time so I was able to hitch a ride with him.  
 
This temporary class site turned out to be held at the Petroleum Club on the 40th floor of an office building.  Very nice!  They even provided a light breakfast and waiters came in and out all day filling our tea glasses and checking to see if we needed something.  I'd just smile when the teacher raved about how "lucky" we were to get this kind of service because it certainly was not the norm.  I should've told them that they were just benefitting from God's blessing for me! : )
 
I was finally able to take my test and I passed!  Major relief!  But of course, why would God not allow me to pass after getting me that far?
 
The hardest part was yet to come.  It was time to find a broker.  The manager of the local Ebby Halliday office sent me an invitation to come and work there and it was the only invitation I received.  So I went to interview.  And chose to hang my shingle with them.
 
I'd like to say that from there it was downhill all the way but, nope!  Let me just say right here that making this life change is probably the hardest thing I've ever done and my life is certainly stretching its width.  But all along the way God has provided, encouraged, and blessed in very specific ways to get me three weeks in and I think I'm almost ready to take the training wheels off.  I know I've got SO much left to learn but it feels like I'm at least on the way. 
 
So I started here............ 

And this is where I am now..........................

 
I stand amazed!