Monday, September 26, 2011

A View from the Crosswalk--blessings!

The day of crosswalk blessings started this morning when as a sweet little kinder girl was crossing with her mom she handed me a flyer advertising an event at her church.  My smile was huge!  Then when her mother came back a little later she told me that Taylor had told her that I was one of the top two people she first thought to invite.  What a little sweetie.  The event was Team Impact, those body builders that preach.......nah!  But I sure loved how her sweet little heart works.  

There is this fourth grade little boy named Hayden that walks across the street and I get the feeling he's forced to be older than he is.  He's always very respectful, friendly, and really lovingly takes care of his litte pre-k sister that sometimes walks with him.  This morning as he walked up he had his head down and said he didn't feel good at all.  Man, I just wanted to give him a big ol' hug and try to make him feel better right then and there.  But this afternoon when he came toward me he looked like a different little boy.  It did my heart good to see him back to his happy normal self.  

Carissa came across the street happily complaining (is that possible because that's what it felt like) about how she had to empty and clean out her lunch box that day because her banana got squashed in it by mistake........oh, the trials of elementary school, right!  You gotta love these guys! 

The last blessing was so subtle that I almost missed it.  I'm sure I hear it every day but for some reason it stuck out today.  It was the laughter and squeals of little children as they're being freed from the confines of schoolwork, structure, and teachers.   I love my job!