Sunday, September 11, 2011

DIY

 Well, you can't have a blog without at least one DIY post so here's mine!  I bought these cute little bedside tables at an estate sale about six months ago and have finally gotten around to refurbishing them.  At one time they were actually part of a dresser and somebody sawed out the center piece and that's how they became bedside tables, at least for me. 

So here's the progression because I know that you are just so excited to read this!!  Oh, and don't ask me for help if you want to do this project because I probably won't recommend it.  At least not the way I did it.  I have this annoying habit of pretty much always doing things the hard way and that would be true in this case also.  I found out after the fact that there is actually something called a bonding primer you can put on top of anything, including stain.  That would have saved me the stripping and sanding process but then where would the fun be in that, right?? 

The table on the left is in it's original state.  The one on the right has been stripped but not sanded.
After sanding
Here they are modeling their primer and  paint.  All that's left is the glaze.  That was definitely the tricky step but after I got the hang of it it went pretty well.
And here's the finished product.  The other one is already in my room sitting comfortably beside my bed.  I'm planning on rearranging our bedroom so afterward maybe I'll show pictures of the finished look.  I'm always ready to show off my quilt anyway!  Thanks for joining me on my little redo journey!