Sunday, October 24, 2010

All Together--Part 2

Well, my smart niece Kathy suggested I do a side by side family photo comparison and it reminded me of one that we recently did, thanks to my smart sister Linda's great idea back then. It was about 2002 and Linda wanted to do a family portrait to celebrate Mom and Dad's 50th wedding anniversary. So in addition to that we did this little comparison redo from a picture made back in.....hmmmmm........let's see.....that purple shirt with white polka dots (and don't miss the purple corduroy pants) I'm wearing was from about sixth grade so I must have been about 12 (deep into my Donny Osmond stage...hence the purple ensemble....it was his favorite color after all!) so that must have been about 1972. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong! (Don't even try to correct me though on D.O.'s favorite color! All the teen magazines said it was purple!) I think we might have been saying good-bye to Grandma Bibb on one of the many Sunday trips to Whitesboro. Actually, my favorite part of this picture (other than that great skirt Mom was wearing and all the dark framed glasses! LOL) is the little tiny portion of the great old blue van. Lots of miles spent riding on the warm motor in the middle of that thing. No seatbelts for us back then. Just lots of room, miles, and memories. But I digress!

So now that you've seen the shot from 38 (WHAT?!?!?!) years ago, here we are in 2002. I couldn't help but notice that several of us are much more healthy now in 2010 as we quickly approach our golden years! Way to go guys!