Thursday, April 12, 2012

Happy Birthday Captain Bobby!

Bobby's birthday was actually yesterday, the 11th, so I'm a little late posting.  But it's never too late to shout proudly the praises of those that deserve it. 

I never dreamed that 22 years ago that sweet little infant boy would grow up to become the strong, outgoing, and confident young man he's become. 

Right now he's in Tulsa fulfilling a four day drill obligation with the Air National Guard of which he's been a member for three years. 

Bobby is a junior, working on his professional pilot degree at Southeastern Oklahoma State University.  He is serving his first year as captain of the university flight team and, in May, they'll be going to Kansas to compete in the national flight competition.  He's wearing his flight team shirt in the picture I've posted.  

Since Bobby's been at Southeastern, he's been awarded several scholarships from the flight department as well as the university and just last week he learned about yet another one.  

So before I go way overboard in the bragging department (maybe I already did!) let me just say........That's my boy!!!